Wednesday, August 1, 2012

wednesday night news, verklempt and a prayer for sons

  • my dog, moses, has hurt my feelings. he's been trekking down the mountain to my brother-in-law's house to hang out with their dog and their kids and their red tire swing. and i feel bereft and not enough, but lucy snapped this pic. how can i stay mad at this, my favorite dog ever?
  • i found myself verklempt when i heard my husband's voice on the phone last night - all the way from papua new guinea! the team is well and will be home in nine days.
  • i came upon this, one of paul's prayers, today. and i made it for my sons because what better plea could i lift up for those guys?
i have not stopped giving thanks for you
(hank and jack)
remembering you in my prayers
i keep asking that the god of our lord jesus christ
the glorious father
may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation
so that you may
know
him
better

so what's going on in your life? what prayers do you take from scripture to pray for your loved ones?

linking with:

jen for god bumps, joy for life:unmasked, grace for FYBF, faith links, carina for i am thankful, beki at the rusted chain, michelle for caffeinated randomness and studio jru for sneak peek friday

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Papua New Guinea. To be involved in touching hearts and souls there is a huge blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 days! Not long to go now! Praying for his safe return home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the prayer in Ephesians (Ephesians 3: 14 - 21) I came upon it as I was reading my Bible during a sermon and came home and meditated on it. I love praying it and focusing on it when I know someone who is struggling.

    I don't have a dog, but having had a cat that seemed to like everybody else more than me, I totally get the betrayal feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete