Friday, May 14, 2010

ridonculous day

ridonculous day (for abby)

dreams tossed me around my bed
and finally dumped me out at
4:10 today
i had the typical
classroom out of control
cheerleaders who will not listen
a bear in a field
that i learned,
upon driving into the pasture,
was a cow and a calf
reality?
i have to break it to too many kids
they didn't pass their huge
end of year
state mandated
reading test
i have to stay at school until 9:00 to host a luau for the kids
(i want to. i'm just already exhausted.)
but
i'm wearing the t-shirt
my niece abby made for me
the smiley faces she painted
are infectious
and
i will smile on this ridonculous day
(she made ridonculous too)

5 comments:

  1. May smiley faces be in every aspect of your day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an ex-highschool music teacher, I TOTALLY empathise!

    Enjoy your smiley t-shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strength and courage on this ridonculous day (best word ever!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an ex-highschool music teacher, I TOTALLY empathise!

    Enjoy your smiley t-shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May smiley faces be in every aspect of your day today!

    ReplyDelete