crumbs under the table
wood chips on the floor
yard dirt at the door -
i came to the startling realization
i hunch over like i'm
106 years old or something
i don't have to
i can stand upright to vacuum-
i tried it.
but am i like this in life?
living in a crouch
not looking out?
not searching for the blessings?
ann voskamp writes
about finding joy
think i'll stand up
this hunching over
and for these i am thankful:
40. wood chips
41. 1000 gifts - the book
42. community at church
43. a rice bag to heat and lay on my feet when i go to bed
44. my girl, the one i mentor and love,
who hand-stitched the rice bag <3
45. making people happy with food
46. my husband who said this compliment about the dinner
that dog will hunt, right there
this is a high, very high form of praise.
47. fires, real, crackling ones, in the fire place
48. homemade chewy molasses ginger snaps
linking up with ann voskamp for 1000 gifts.
and with jen at finding heaven