Wednesday, November 28, 2012

on cream cheese and chocolate and miracles..

when i first started this blog
ed was nipping my heels
so
writing about food was
maybe 107th on my list
of preferred topics
but
maybe you should know that
i like to
cook
and
bake
and
eat
and
maybe you should know about
the tasty treat called
cream cheese brownies
and
maybe you should know
that i find this affinity for baked goods
nothing short of
miraculous

ingredients for brownies-from-scratch:

1 cup shortening
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon salt

directions: melt shortening in a medium saucepan. stir in the rest of the ingredients, one at a time. transfer batter to a greased, 9x13 pan.

ingredients for delicious topping:

1 8-ounce package cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar

directions: beat ingredients with a mixer until smooth. spread over brownie batter. bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

linking with -

jen for god bumps, joy for life:unmasked, emily for imperfect prose, grace for FYBF, michelle for caffeinated randomness and studio jru for sneak peek friday

7 comments:

  1. I'm so copying down this recipe. Thanks, Kendal. Cooking isn't my passion, but eating is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love baking, too.

    You know, I never intended to make such a big deal about food on my blog, but somewhere along the line I realized I wrote about food approximately once a week. I thought, Why not turn it into a "carnival"?

    So I did. I started a little gathering for people who write about food, called Food on Fridays. And over time, I guess I'm sort of a part-time food blogger. So...be careful. Next thing you know, people will be turning to you for all things baked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall, I love this honest and delicious post. I always feel fed by your words. Blessings your way from far away in this bloggy world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh kendal. God has done wondrous things in our lives. i say this while drinking wine and eating dark chocolate, and drooling over this recipe. i say this in utter, thankful, freedom. and i weep. we are so blessed. praying for this healing for others. (would you pray for my friend, kendal? her name is jelena, and she is on death's doorstep with an ED... thank you. xo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks pretty good. I am sure this is a winner! {I'm glad I'm full right now} or I'd be making them... right... now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds deliciously yummy...and my hubby DOES love brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have never had brownies like this before... they sound so good! have to give these a try sometime! happy you shared!

    ReplyDelete