Monday, November 12, 2012

what the rain says

there's a gentle rain
tapping the roof
it's the only sound
and
it's after
a college visit with older son on saturday
and
it's after
an eleven-boy sleepover last night
there's a gentle rain
tapping the roof
it's the only sound
and it's
reminiscent of god's
great
provision
there's a gentle rain
tapping the roof
it's the only sound

what does rain say to you?

continuing to count his gifts to 1000 -

824. jack's good friends
825. hank's good decisions
826. north greenville university
827. husband checking on sleepover boys
828. husband cooking sausage
829. my siblings
830. email and text messages
831. my girl, the one i mentor, turning 19

linking with -

michelle for hear it monday, use it on sunday, ann for 1000 gifts, l.l. for on, in, and around mondays

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kendal. We need the gentleness of rain to remind us that God remembers our every need. And He is bigger than it all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendal--we are visiting our children in Vancouver WA and I went to sleep last night with the sound of the rain pitter pattering on the leaves outside and thought, "I love the sound of rain." It is such a restful sound.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal, I seem to find such peace in your voice, the rhythm the cadence the simplicity. Thank you for your art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Kendal. We spent the weekend in Auburn with my youngest daughter. Beautiful weather; beautiful times. Today at home it is doing the gentle rain thing. It seems appropriate. I've taken the morning off to sit with it and stray from my regular schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words! I love the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendal...I woke up to that gentle rain this morning...sometimes nothing is better...lovely my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, 11 boy sleep over? High five, girl.

    Second, I love the rain. It does something calming to my soul and reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11 boys! yowzas! I love the sound of rain on the roof -- especially when I can snuggle the littles in bed or read beside the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. you may be marginally off your rocker with the headcount at that sleepover, but that's what's so brave and admirable about you.

    rain says different things to me, just depending. sometimes it's cleansing. sometimes melancholy. sometimes a call to quiet, to huddle close and warm and to love my dears, to worship a God who provides.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm. I feel the peace of that gentle thrum. Love to you, Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I love the sound of the rain. If it's raining at night, we will sleep with the window cracked just so we can hear it.
    ~Found you at On, In and Around.

    ReplyDelete