Friday, February 20, 2015

feedback

dear arctic blast launch team,

thank you for considering
our
area
for your latest campaign.
the
sub-zero
wind
chills
provide a welcome
respite
from the tedium of temperate
here
in
the
south.
furthermore,
i would like to express my sincerest thanks
for the following:
numb toes
frozen eggs-from-the-coop
the chance to wear hats and scarves in the house
murdered rosemary bushes
and
canceled events.
while i have enjoyed your stay,
ahem,
i think it’s time for you to
purchase
your
jet-stream
ticket back home


sincerely,


a frozen southerner

if you could speak to your weather, what would you say?

linking with kellylaurajenjenniferbarbiesharita


9 comments:

  1. I would say thank you for the warm and sunny weather. This has been my favorite February on record.

    How different can two sides of the country be? It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem you've written here. You brought a smile to my face. Our normally temperate winter has been COLD to on the Aegean shore where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I am in Ohio and we have had a week of the same such as you described above. It is time for Old Man Winter to go back in hibernation until next year. Blessed you linked up at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, as a Florida girl who has always lived here, this quote really surprised me, "the chance to wear hats and scarves in the house"...that's cold...many blessings to you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing my head off. I haven't visited in a while and I am glad I did. I think you have the weather that should be up here in Canada and we have yours. Today we were a balmy 12C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you said it best.

    It's not very kind of February to cram a whole winter season into one month!!! Southerners don't freeze well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am smiling. I live in south TX and know that this has been a winter like not many others. This poem makes the cold seem brighter though. Glad you are my neighbor at Everyday Jesus.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha, ha-- this is grand, Kendal. Adore it.

    For my Washington weather? I would say, "Thanks so much for your consistency. First time in my life that I know how to dress properly 359 days a year." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A frozen Southerner! Ha! Love it my friend. No pressure but hoping to hear from you soon on your blog. Miss your fabulous unique writing style. Told a few people about your book this week. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete