Friday, January 22, 2010

third cup

A two-hour delay for schools has afforded me the time to create my own blog! And thank you, third cup of coffee, for setting the pace for my brain so that I can't catch the thoughts that are zinging around. Here's a peek into mind:

not sure why i have a blog - i'm not famous - except at my school where i'm well-known for the coffee addiction i wish i could gather my whole family together and wish us to a happier place i trust God today i should be packing lunches at this moment it's friday today, but doesn't feel like it where is the sun?

I'm reminded of fourth graders who string eighteen unrelated statements together without taking a single breath. They're the ones not listening. Not listening. My hope for today is that I will listen. To my husband. To my boys. To my students. To my colleagues. To God. Just be still and listen.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm first at something! Need a hit of your poetry bad! Love you Kendal.Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kendal, I have never "blogged". This is gonna be a new learning experience for me and my 50 year old brain. I'm always learning something from you. Looking forward to your post.
    Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kendal, I have never "blogged". This is gonna be a new learning experience for me and my 50 year old brain. I'm always learning something from you. Looking forward to your post.
    Love Mary

    ReplyDelete