Sunday, January 24, 2010

troubleshooting

I feel a little too sad to write much. I think about my brother and his wife and children shuffling through life, hurting. Trying to make sense of the senseless. And, my husband, Chris, had to bury our cat yesterday. We had had Flash nearly all of our married life. I'm working on a piece about him, but it just isn't ready. I know I will feel better after church - I always do. For now, here's an old piece that made me laugh when I reread it.

troubleshooting

bits of cardboard
flew out of my printer
hitting me in the face
cartridge jam
open cover
and remove paper
it didn’t say anything about
cardboard
so I checked
the manual’s
troubleshooting guide
it suggested
asking
creative nine-year-olds
about malfunctions
involving
any or all of the following
found in the vicinity
of the printer:
scissors
glue sticks
cardboard
crayons
puzzle pieces
batteries
broken watches
scotch tape

aha


No comments:

Post a Comment