Sunday, November 21, 2010

opening day



here in the backwoods
of nc
it's opening day
for rifles
and i want to run
across and down the
mountain
i know enough
to pull out the
orange






here in the backwoods
of nc
it's the time of year
that movement
could mean game
and a shot
and i know enough
to guard myself with
orange






 
and there is guardianship
here in the backwoods
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will
guard
your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6-7)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, let the hunting begin. I'm sure I will have a few out "sick" tomorrow because of hunting.

    So, thanks to some inspiration from you and another poet I've discovered online, I am going to try some poetry.

    Warning: If I decided to post my poem, it may suck...ahhh, the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a spate of hunting accidents resulting in death here recently. Make sure you go overboard with your orange girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal, that’s perfect,

    “movement could mean game”

    I’ve never hunted – but we all have been hunted haven’t we? And our colors of protection:

    purple majesty of the Father
    crimson of Our Lord
    placid white snowfall of the Spirit

    Such a good thing to keep mind of - thank you.

    Every situation is thanks.
    Every petition and supplication is heard
    And His peace is a luxurious comforter

    And I have to pull it up to my nose and lie down and rest.

    Stunning words.
    Sublime pictures.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete