Wednesday, August 17, 2011

conquerors

my fear this week? a monstrous rattlesnake in.my.yard.
my husband took six pictures of it before he killed it
and then he took this one of a butterfly which i posted
because the snake pictures make me cry. i thought i
could never, ever go outside again. but today, just one
day after the snake, i went out. and ran. and it was ok.
fear was loosed on this world
in the beginning
and i've seen it this week
in my girl, readying for the first day
of school and lunch in the cafeteria
in a mother sending her
only child to middle school
in a young lady choosing
choosing to say no despite an uncertain future
fear was loosed on this world
in the beginning
but not without promises
god is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging
fear was loosed on this world
and i have seen it this week
but courage, she stands us up
and the recovering eat
and the mothers let go
and young ladies step up
and
he
is
ever-present

the thursday-friday links:

emily at in the hush of the moon for imperfect prose
beki at the rusted chain for fingerprint friday
studio jru for sneak peek friday

10 comments:

  1. AMEN! I believe this with all my heart. God reminded me of those very attributes of Himself this morning and I called on Him as my refuge and deliverer. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles. a beautiful thing...fear is there and always will be...what we do with it makes all the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my greatest fear is that I'm not the perfect mother...which of course is pretty silly since I'm NOT the perfect mother, nor can I be. Thank you for reminding me from where fear came.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely.

    THere is fear everywhere but so grateful that fear can be conquered by His hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear is everywhere, but so is He. Thank you for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever-present help in trouble... exactly! Yay for husbands that take care of a snake and then take a photo of a beautiful butterfly! I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, those last lines, how they gave me shivers... there is God in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Step up...

    I love that. A year i was completely fearful I remember God speaking~ "just show up and I will do the rest". I loved that. I could just show up~

    Love your words, they are so good.
    xo
    Junelle

    ReplyDelete