Monday, April 7, 2014

upon a plow-ed field

looking out over
the plow-ed field
(i'm using the 
king james pronunciation)
hosea's words come to mind  
break up your fallow ground,
for it is the time to seek the Lord,
that he may come

fallow is so...un
you know?
unfertilized
unused
unfruitful
and what's fallow in my world
is the writing-i-used-to-love
i don't know why
i don't know how to break up this ground 
but
i'm seeking the lord
while i wait on words
and
a plow-ed field

what's going on with you? anything fallow in your world? what are you doing about it?

linking with  michellelaurajenjennifer

5 comments:

  1. Praying now as you wait on words and the plow-ed field. I'm glad these came to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God refresh you as you wait upon Him and the words He wants you to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, friend. That's a heavy question...what is fallow? A good question to take with me to quiet time today. Praying for abundance for you, Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great "old fashioned" and important question.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and prayers your way, Kendal. I've been having a bit of a dry spell with the words as well. It seems I have sown my field with worry of late and this is a crop that I would rather have die out. Fallow. Yes. I hear your heart.

    ReplyDelete