Saturday, October 9, 2010

saturday minutiae

  1. i enjoyed quality time with my husband today, then with myself, then with hank, then with jack. in the reverie of my alone-time, i missed an exit!
  2. jack's soccer team looked GREAT in their tournament. Not sure what those kids who actually passed the ball did with our children....
  3. i saw a wizened old couple driving a bright blue subaru - hauling a small sailboat. made me smile.
  4. jack is watching a harry potter film right now. i am not a fan. loved the books, though.
  5. i've been quite slack on a few things of late: cleaning, grading, planning a bible study, taking proper care of myself. i wish i had remembered to buy some gumption while i shopped this afternoon.
  6. my favorite book of late? A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Abeah.
  7. websites that i will visit for christmas shopping? The Rusted Chain and Beads for Life.
  8. i've read the same verse four days in a row this week - Ephesians 3:16-17a.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. So, i require power from the spirit to have faith. Freeing knowledge. i continually live as if i have to drum up this faith. and when i can't do it, i feel like a lousy christian. i'm not moving on from this verse anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment