Saturday, June 4, 2011

for my husband on our pretend anniversary

chris is leaving for
guatemala
tomorrow
he'll be gone for our
19th wedding anniversary
so today is our pretend....
we've marked the years with -
dating (we started in high school)
moves
new jobs
sickness
love
mercy
birth
death
gain
loss
change
what are those?
chapters?
if so, i wish i could look ahead
maybe read the ending
but
god doesn't give
look aheads
or
explanations
he gives opportunities and blessings....
and the wow of this life
is that
he chose chris for me
chris - i am so glad you heard that call
and asked me.
i love you!

and my thankfuls are:

187. wiffle ball in the back yard
188. katy d. inviting me to her bridal shower
189. seeing lovely people from my old church
190. my girl, the one i mentor, making progress
191. my husband answering the call to missions
192. blogging
193. my friend sitting with me a my son's baseball game
194. shoes lined up beside the door
195. finishing up my 17th year of teaching
196. the opportunity to work with great educators

ann for 1000 gifts
jen for soli deo gloria

13 comments:

  1. I'll take an authentic to the core real pretend anniversary any day . beats forced sad real non life.

    happy love .. wishing you more always.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Kendal. Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful celebration of your love... no matter the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy pretend anniversary, and safe travels for Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 19!! Congrats, girl. That's a very big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. "god doesn't give
    look aheads
    or
    explanations
    he gives opportunities and blessings...."-thank you for this. beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! May your husband have a safe trip to Central America.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way...I will be celebrating 20yrs...so yes, it is a Very Big Deal! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet...God is so kind to give us such wonderful men...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Beautiful words for a beautiful marriage! How long will he be gone this time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your anniversary and on 17 years of teaching.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ps. When you tend the fires at home so your husband can go on a mission trip . . . it is your trip, too. (my opinion.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary!! ... and I can completely relate with #194. That brings me so much joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 19 years. I'll be praying for your husband's safety. It's beautiful that you are thankful for his call even when it takes him away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy anniversary, a little late, kendal!!

    ReplyDelete