Friday, January 20, 2012

and as i write

writing for five minutes on vivid

her best friend moved away,
incommunicado for
six
months

she found her mother,
unconscious
on the floor,
brain tumor

he suffered a horrific
car accident
and faces painful rehabilitation

her cancer is back

and
as i write
vivid
these,
the suffering,
override the images
of bright red tomato
on
dark green vine
that i could have pictured
and
as i write
vivid
god reminds me
that he hears the cries
of the
brokenhearted
and
i will pray,
vividly

linking with:
lisa-jo for five minute friday
beki at the rusted chain for fingerprint friday
studio jru for sneak peek friday

8 comments:

  1. i'm clear to the tippy-top thankful for you, and all the kendals in my life who don't flinch from suffering. who jump in with me instead and pray vividly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stopped me in my tracks today. So honest and so beautiful!

    I'm now following and look forward to reading more in the days ahead. Please visit me any time over at:

    http://findingtheinspiring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from 5 Min. Fridays

    and what a reality check!
    thank you for this.

    ~nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful. It is hard to speak of happiness when dear ones are suffering. Yet, all is from God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kendal -- thank you for praying vividly!! This mama can't thank you enough, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your words make me feel like i am right there. vivid. beautiful kendal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written. I really enjoyed this! Linking up through the Gyspsy Mama

    ReplyDelete