Monday, February 20, 2012
the serious monday post
no matter the scriptures
no matter the songs
no matter the depth of jesus - love
sometimes i. am. scared.
and fear overwhelmed me recently
while i was washing dishes
other times he interrupts
my drive to work
a soccer game
a meal with the family
it's a myriad of topics
death, pain, weight (yes, i will admit)
he is a creature of the dark
but i. am. not.
yesterday in church
this song reminded me
that i am a light-dweller
every secret, every shame
every fear, every pain
live inside the dark
but that's not who we are
we are children of the day
and it's in words
i find solace
song, scripture, husband's reassurance
does fear ever overwhelm you? what do you do in those times?
continuing to count his gifts to 1000-
529. the james words. 3:1-6.
530. learning to tame my tongue
531. memorizing scripture
532. vermicomposting (click here for my post entitled, i've had better ideas)
533. finley family parties
534. my dad's jokes - even the ones that don't make sense to me
535. a little bit of snow
536. snow birds to go with that snow!
537. food. i've read so much about north korea in the last week....so thankful we aren't starving
538. my mom's scan. no chemo for now.
539. my husband's quick wit - he makes me laugh daily
540. teenagers (my children, my girl) in bible study with the grown-ups
michelle for hear it monday, use it on sunday, ann for 1000 gifts, l.l. for on, in, and around mondays